Monday 16 December 2013

The Final Interview

After what seemed like the longest 2 days an email from YJ came through when I was working and I was too terrified to open it! 



I accepted my offer on my Yummy Jobs profile and over the next couple of days we received an email directly from Walt Disney World Resort telling us to complete an online application for the program - basically so they can hold our information on the Disney Careers website and we can go through Dashboard.  Once we'd completed this we then got another email from Disney allowing us to schedule our interview date and time (very handy and another reason why you should fill everything out quick because the best slots go!). Anotheer  email sent out was the role checklist - for this we were to put the possible roles into categories; High Interest, Moderate Interest; Low Interest; No Interest.
Lastly, we had to upload our information to our Disney Onboarding Central (DOC) profile that was emailed to us. For this we needed:
  • Photocopy of your passport
  • Proof of Student Status Form (or approved letter)
  • Emergency Contact Info
  • Address
  • Visa Appointment Details (where you would go i.e. London or Belfast)

I WAS GOING TO DISNEY HQ!!!!1!

The dress code was professional / business attire so I opted for the ol' suit that hadn't seen the light of day since prom. We were also asked to bring our passport (or another form of photo ID), Birth Certificate (or certified copy) and proof of home address (e.g. a bank statement).

Train and accommodation sorted again I headed down on the 7th so I was reasonably fresh for the morning and people from the Facebook group had arranged to meet at Costa beforehand so I met even more  lovely folk there!

Disney HQ is just something else. I cant even begin to describe how amazing it was. We met with the YJ team and handed them the info they needed and we were taken into the HQ private cinema yeah where we met the 3 Disney recruiters and watched a presentation which got you all excited and just uggggh yes!! We were then asked to go and come back for our interview slots, so again we were off to Costa for a bit until a few of us headed for Harrods because DISNEY STORE AND DISNEY CAFE AND PUPPIES!






I headed back to HQ and we were taken to the waiting area where we were all talking and discussing things to calm our nerves! Louis and James also joined us and were helping calm us a bit. Each of the recruiters then called a name and were taken to the interview station for a one-to-one interview. I  was the last of our group to go and I was interviewed by Jill. 

Questions here were based a lot on previous experience (if you have any) and why you want to do the program. They also through in a couple of questions regarding room-mate situations.Other questions included explaining a difficult situation you were in and handled and another that caught me way off guard .. "Having worked at the Disney Store before, what new experiences and skills would you like to gain from working on this program" .. I have no idea what I said and at this point I thought I'd blew it. She also asked if the Disney Store I worked at got closed down because I started working there ....... she said she was joking. Better be.

The interview lasted about 10 minutes And that was it. My fate was sealed. We were told we would hear back after the Thanks Giving holidays. And the waiting started AGAIN. So with no idea how it went I was ready for another fab weekend in London!




Iron Man Selfie 


DISNEY LIFTS PLAY DISNEY MUSIC










No comments:

Post a Comment