Sunday 8 December 2013

The Pre-Screen Interview

"Tell everybody I'm on my way" - Brother Bear

After 2 very long months of waiting I finally received the e-mail - after receiving a few glitchy ones beforehand.

Dear Callum,
Greetings from the Yummy Jobs Team!
...
After a review of your application the Yummy Jobs Team is delighted to inform you that you have been successful through to the next stage of the interview process.
The next stage of the interview process will be a regional recruitment event.  During this event you will view a presentation showcasing the program and have a group interview session. 
·         Your recruitment event will take place on Saturday 19th October 2013
·         Your recruitment event will be held at the South Place Hotel, 3 South Place, London, EC2M 2AF
·         Your recruitment event will start at 13:30.  Please arrive by 13:15 for registration
·         The dress code for this event is business casual
·         Please note you must be available for the following dates in order to participate on the program:
1.       June 3rd 2014 to August 8th 2014
2.       June 10th 2014 to August 15th 2014

After a quick Google map look about I spotted a Starbucks just around the corner from the hotel, so arranged on the Yummy Social and Facebook group (which I highly recommend you find) for all of us to meet up before hand to have a chit chat and calm the nerves!



So I was off to LANDAAAAAAN with my Yummy Passport in hand!!! I decided to get the train down because 8 hours on a bus from Glasgow to London did not appeal to me at all. Also, luckily I have a very good friend of mine who lives in London so that was my accommodation sorted!

As the dress code was business casual - a change from smart casual -  i opted for shirt, waistcoat, black trouser and my all black leather cons. 


The morning of the interview I have to say I was pretty calm and ready for a Starbs in my belly! Most people had made it to our meeting place without getting lost and everyone was lovely and we put each other at ease. We headed over to the hotel where we met some more people and we were taken into one of the function suits.

The Yummy Jobs team were there to give us our presentation which basically gets you really excited about the possibility of going and gives you all the information you need to know!
We were then told our interview groups which were given team names - #TeamPrinceEric - and were given our times to come back. I didn't have that long to wait, but meanwhile a few of us went and got a mini lunch from the shops. When the time came, me and a girl from the Facebook group who was also in my 'team' headed back to the hotel. 

I had James who was lovely and there was about 10 people, to start off we had to find out information about the person beside us and then introduce them to the group. We were then asked the usual questions plus one or two new ones - James mentioned that he put these in because he knows blogs such as this one gives out all the questions ... so for now my lips are sealed ... only for now ;)

The interview didn't actually seem too short or too long, I felt that we all did well and all had our bit to say so I was quietly confident. There was some confusion as to when we'd hear back as everyone had been told different days, so the next wait began and I was ready for a wee weekend in London with my friend!


Note: There were four dates for the pre-screen interviews, 2 in Manchester and 2 in London. There were no interviews in Scotland and you couldn't swap your interview date or location.

No comments:

Post a Comment